First off: I have been soooo bad with not doing a new blog: because the computer charger cord went boooo! sO wE HAVE a new one and we are up and running! THis would be WAY tooo much for a phone to type it!
This weekend was crazy BUSY! We decided on Sunday we were going to redo our den roof. Well Jason did it with my girlfriend's husband, he use to do roofing for a living. So he taught Jason how to roof. EVERYTHING that could POSSIBLY go WRONG- went WRONG! LEt's say a 4 hour job turned into 2 and half days! :( ON A GOOD NOTE: IT IS FINISHED! LEt me run you through Monday...
Jason took Monday off so in case he did not finish the job, he would have time. Sure enough it was not done monday.. so he was up on the roof at 7 AM all by himself trying to finish this like a mad man. OUr neighbor across the alley, came over and said "man I love roofing.. I will help you. I cannot let you do this by yourself." Jason not really knowing him except in passing to drive into our garage and the friendly nod or wave... Denied and said no i can do it myself, thanks. THen the friendly neighbor proceeded to say NO i will help you.. just let me change and I will be over.
Well let me rephrse we know him a litle better now than just this encounter.
About a week ago my parents dog thought it would be a GREAT idea to escape my yard. He is 12- and a big dog and a little senial.. so off he went. Our friendly neighbor retrieved him, not knowing he belonged to my parents that were here. Walked him down to their home, they were not there. And he wlaked him to blockbuster, because he could not read the # on the tags, without his glasses, and had no phone with him. THey called my parents and told us he hd him there. Now.. our friendly neighbor put an extension cord around austins colar and onward they walked.. WHAT A SITE!
HE said he loved animals and just couldn't see him getting hurt.
Now our friendly neighbor,,,, is a little rough looking, and missing a few teeth, and always sits in the alley in his little corner rental house- that is like a triplex. He is always drinking a beer, usually somehting called a forty and smoking some ciggerattes. (HOWEVER we have LEARNED- he may look a little out there.. but he is nicer than alotta people around~!)--- as you will see:
So he gets on the roof and starts telling Jason how to do this and helped Jason TREMONDOUSLY with the flashing around the fireplace. He had to handmake the thing around the chimney because there was none made big enough. I mean this guy is SO knowledgable in so much random stuff... that we didn't even know about!Found out he was in the military for 20 some years.. and retired a master sergeant or something like that. He told us that our dog, austin, looked like he wasn't all there and looked lost.. and he said "ya.. i understand that." HOW SAD IS THIS!!!!
So we had beer on hand to give our friendly neighbor.. on a roof.. right how safe is this? But jason said he worked BETTER with the beer.. and was a functioning drunk, that needed his beer. Money doesn't mean much to him, the company and beer was all he wanted.(if he even wanted for that much)
We asked him his favorite beer and found out he was in Germany for 7 years with the army and said it all is good.. then he tld Jason story about budweiser and figured he liked that?> So as payment for him from sunrise to sunsent.. we got him pack of budweiser. You would have thought we gave him a million bucks!
Althought this friendly neighbor may have some addictions.. he is the nicest guy we have met in a long time.
I feel bad.. always rushing to my car before and driving off with a smile.. and kinda weary of him.. due to appearence and what he is doing, WHen all along he just wanted someone to talk to . HE KEPT HIS WORD TOO! He told Jason the next day he would come and finsih something on the roof.. Jason told him no I can do it when I get off work and he said No i will do it... and sure enough I was home and saw him climbing up there. So nice... DID NOT have to do ANY of this! Shoot... even our own friends were NOT that willing to lend a helping hand!
I am still in shock and awe.. on this friendly encounter. . . Zeeky even prayed for our friendly neighbor on Monday night- it was so precious.
THru our friendly neighbor I learned I am still quick to judge, although I do not want to admit it.. But I do not know if I am as quick to judge as I am to keep my guard up being a woman and a mother of 2 young children with me at all times.
Tonight our friendly neighbor came over and made jason a gift. For him not having much, he sure gave a nice present for Jason. I am happy we have someone that will keep a look out for us and that he feels a little better knowing us as well.
So go out of your way and say hi to someone you usually wouldn't you never know .. they may have an interesting back story and being knowledgable in areas you did not know yourself.
God knew we needed someone at that time.. and he placed someone there. There was a reason the roof didn;t get done the first day.. and I believe it was for our friendly neighbor... and hopefully we are placed in his lives for some reason.
Jason's Friendship Bracelet
They should become blood brothers and start their own wolfpack. That would be sweet.
ReplyDeleteAwwww, I love having awesome neighbors...even though awesome neighbors are as common as not so awesome neighbors! But I like to think they make up for the bad ones. We live across from two great older couples & they are so friendly & helpful! Love this story- very cute!
ReplyDeleteYou haven't posted anything. Lame.
ReplyDeleteThis died off pretty hard. You should put up more pictures and post your running miles.
ReplyDelete